Friday, January 23, 2015

Jingle Belles - Bring in the New

Good evening everyone. Well the temperatures were a little better this week.  Started out cold, but by the end of the week it was bearable.  And no snow, other than a dusting last night. 
I have been working on this card all week.  The start of the week I sat down to color.  I actually did two of the same image.  One painted with new watercolor paints, and this one using my new Spectrum Noir blendable pencils.  I like the pencil one the best so decided to use it. 
 
Today I finished my card.  After struggling for awhile to get the embossing the way I wanted.  The Cuttlebug folders don't quite fit a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card face.  The bakers twine I made myself.  And the  Merry Christmas I only had in gold, so I colored it with a Sharpie marker in silver. 
 
CHALLENGES
Jingle Belles - Bring on the new
 
Tomorrow is off to a badminton tournament with my son.  It's just a fun day for the kids.  Round robins, no keeping track of who wins, and no medals or trophy's.  And they get pizza for lunch.  I think that's why most of them are going. 
 
happy swinging
 
dee ;o)
 
   

2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Fantastic coloring ... such a pretty image ... so very glad you brought in the new with us at jingle belles.

lauren bergold said...

what a beautiful holiday card, with such PERFECT coloring! thanks for rockin' the new goodies with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥