Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Celebrate

Evening everyone.  I was so shocked when I heard the news last night about Robin Williams.  So sad.  I remember as a kid watching Mork and Mindy.  Since then he has done some amazing work.  RIP Robin.
We have had a rain day today.  Rain most of the night, and cloudy threatening for rain all, put our  plans of when they require outside.  When I noticed hubbie in his workroom tinkering on an RC car I jumped at the opportunity to dig through my totes and find my Silhouette.  I cut out three balloons and "Celebrate" for my next art journal page. 
 
For this one I started with covering the background with panpastels.  I then stamped randomly with a script stamp and versamark, and went over that with the panpastel again.  The hearts in the corner are a stencil and gesso.  (a new technique for me) The balloons and Celebrate are cut on my Silhouette (which I would like to learn how to use better).  Twine was glued on for the strings, and the 19 I colored with a marker and didn't think it popped enough so I added golden yellow glitter. 
 
Off to make some cards.  I did a bit of extra cutting before I had to pack my machine away again.
 
till next time
 
dee ;o)
 
 

No comments: