Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Happy Belated Merry Christmas

I would like to start by wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas.  With the rush of the season, internet problems, and the kids on the computer, it's sometimes hard to find the time to sit down and post.  I hope Santa found everyone, and you have been enjoying the holidays with friends and family.  This is the first time in along time that I have been home and not working.  So nice. 

I would like to share with you this card that I made for my aunt.  A week ago she fell down her basement stairs and cracked her shoulder blade.  My poor cousin has had to do everything for her, including the baking that she didn't have done.  Poor Annette doesn't bake, but with aunties suporvision she managed to complete everything in time for Christmas Day.

I started with white cardstock and embossed the flowers with clear embossing powder.  I then inked with distress inks, wiping off the flowers when finished.  I spritzed some water on and added a pearl to the middle of the flower.  I mounted onto another white cardstock and then onto the card base using foam dimensions. 

Santa brought me a set of pens for my silhouette, so I'm off now to download the free patterns that came with them.  It will be a silhouette afternoon. 

happy crafting

dee ;o)

No comments: