Sunday, June 24, 2012

School Trip

Evening everyone. Just a quick post.  Having problems with mobile blogger.  This will be the third time I've written this post.  This time I decided to do it on the computer since I was already on here working on organizing my pics. 

Last week was Grant's school trip.  It started with a 7:30 departure on a very hot school bus.  The temp that day was in the 30's.  Two hour bus ride, and the first stop was the Royal Ontario Museum.  Fast tour through as we had to be at Medieval Times just after lunch. 

What a great afternoon.  You are seated in an areana.  You eat your dinner (with your hand, no utensils) while watching a display of knights on horseback.  Each section is a different color and that is the color of the knight that you cheer for.  I came away from there with a soar throat from yelling.  It was a awesome time.  Kids really enjoyed it. 

When we got home it was a big rush to finish Grants Egypt project.  As I wasn't home the next night to help him.  We ended up finishing it. 

The project was to make a diarama from Ancient Egypt.  Grant chose to do King Tuts tomb.  I made the pyramid for him out of cardstock.  Leaving the tip half unattached so it would fold open to reveal the inside.  The model outside he made from clay.

Opening the pyramid and looking in you can see the sarcophagus, his jars, and some treasure.

Sam's house she built is back home.  So when I get pics of it I'll post. 


happy crafting

dee ;o)

No comments: