Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Peach Flowers

Morning blogland.  I finally assembled the card I had colored for "the 30 Day Color Challenge" over at The Daily Marker. Kathy was calling with Sharpie markers.  I thought to myself  'I must try this'. She makes it look so easy. I have tried alcohol markers again and again. But I never like the result. My markers dried up and I ended up throughing them out. But I do have a pile of Sharpies and Bic markers. So I pulled them out, blew the dust off, and wow I'm impressed. Not bad.

Very simple. I stamped my image on a card panel. Colored with Sharpie markers. I found a piece of pattern paper in my stash that matched the color of the flowers, and cut a rectangle out where my flower would be. With the  same die cut I made a frame out of white cardstock and inked the edge with vintage photo distress ink.  Placing the frame on foam dimentions. The thanks was cut three times and stacked ontop of one another to add more dimention. Just a little finishing touch I added lemon chiffon liquid pearls to the centre of the flowers.

It's a good day to craft. I don't go into work till later this afternoon. It's rainy outside. We've had a warm system for almost a week. Most of our snow has disappeared from the rain. We have had several days of freezing rain warnings which causes the school buses to be cancelled. My boy is having a five day weekend today. He thinks it's great but exams start in two days, so they are missing out on their exam review.

happy crafting ;o)

No comments: