Friday, December 11, 2009

Three and half feet of snow and still going

Just a quick post to show you what we've been doing all afternoon.  (And not even half way done.)  Today was the third day the buses didn't run, and some schools were even closed.  By late morning most of the stores in town had closed down, and the police were asking people to stay home and not travel the roads, as they were having a hard time keeping them ploughed.  The snow was up past my knees when I waded out to take a picture of the cars, which had been cleaned off 24 hrs earlier, or rather lack of them.  I did manage to make a couple cards this morning, which I will post later.  We still have to finish the driveway.  I have to work in the morning.  (hopefully I can get out, it's still snowing)
First, here are the cars.

The dog that followed me to take the picture.


DH with the snowblower.

The little guy snowshoeing.


Will it ever end?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cold, but beautiful, but I am not there! I can say that. LOL
Cheers

Chris said...

Oh my goodness - that is a lot of snow!! Your hubby with the snowblower reminds me of when I was a child, looking out the window watching my dad run the machine, snow swirling around.

Stay warm! I think you will be having a white Christmas!! :)