Sunday, May 31, 2015

10th Annual Langford Cemetary Heritage Day

Good evening everyone.  It has been a wonderful Sunday.  I don't get many as I work every weekend.  But as the end of the month falls on a weekend I was able to spend the day with my family.  I was also able to visit with many friends and family at the annual Heritage Day at the cemetery.  It is the only cemetery in town that is still run by the community.  Once a year we have a cleaning bee, were everyone gathers for a morning to rake, pick up fallen branches and just tidey.  The grass is kept cut by a neighbour.  The whole thing is run on donations, and community involvement. 

This week our little tractor went in to have a bucket put on.  The yard is not safe now.  Today it took the whole family to put the mower deck back on.  It takes literally two minutes to take the bucket off, and an hour to get the mower deck on.  But now our grass is cut. 

My card tonight was made special for a good friend.  She had hernia surgery this week. I got inky with this one.  Playing with my distress inks is one of my favorite techniques. 

happy crafting

dee ;o)    

No comments: