Friday, June 8, 2018

Congrats on your little Nugget

Good evening blogland. Well alot has been going on at work lately. They finally approved to have another full time position for the CSM's. I have been waiting for about a year and half for this position. And after almost a week of keeping it quiet, I am putting it out there. I got the position. Yah!!! Finally full time.

My card today was made for an associate that I work close with.  Our Lead CSM is expecting. It's so exciting watching her belly grow. Remembering the birth of my kids. It has just been a short time since we found out she was leaving on mat leave. Thinking she was 5 months when she announced it at work to only find out a few days later that she was 7 months. So out came my crochet hook to get a sweater done before she left. Today was her last day. Taking two weeks holidays then into mat leave. I am going to miss her for the next year. We work so well together.

Megan has a little farm. Turkeys, chickens, and her baby porkchop the pig that lives in the house with them. So when I thought of making a card for her I pulled out my new set from 'lawn fawn', 'critters on the farm'.

Here is everything, getting ready to start. I actually had a great time making this card. I believe it is the first actual scene card I have made.


And here is the finished card. I had so much fun cutting out the cute little images. I used colored cardstock for most of them, and added extra colors with markers and distress ink.  The sheep I used fabric paint stippled on to give it texture. The pigs collar although very small has porkchops name on it. The card was then signed by alot of the associates at the store. I went in today on my day off when they were giving it to her. What a surprise it was.

happy crafting
dee ;o)

No comments: