Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Blackflies are Here


Well nice weather is finally here.  The snow is gone, the rain has stopped, and the sun is shining.  But along with the beautiful weather comes those nasty little black flies.  The other day on my day off I finally made it to my garden to clear the dead leaves and pine needles out of it.  Pretty bad ehh? All my spring flowers have pushed their way through the mess, so I had to be careful.  I think old leaves is the favorite spot for black flies to hide, because I was in a cloud of the little black guys the whole time.  I should have taken hubbies fashion advice when working outside, pull your socks up over your pants.  I had track pants on and ankle socks.  My ankles are a red mess of bites.  So bad they are swollen.  But the job got done. 
If you remember me metioning my little mother daughter shopping trip.  When I purchased a couple of panpastels to try out.  Here is one of the cards I created.  What a soft looking background it creates.  I placed a mask down in the centre of the card, then brushed on the green color.  I then stamped with a letter stamp in versa mark, and used the same green to dust over.  Removing the mask, I stamped three images of a tulip (I think this is my favorite flower stamp).  I then colored in the flower with pink panpastel, and the leaves with green.
 
Todays fun is completing an art journal page.  I've seen several posts for art journaling and thought it would be a great way to try out new techniques before doing them on a card.  So I've started my first page.  Although right now it under a stack of book to try and flatten it, since it curled on me.  The disadvantage of living in a small town is not always being able to get your hands on supplies when you decide to do something.  So you make the best of what you have.
 
happy crafting
 
dee ;o)

No comments: