Saturday, August 18, 2012

Puppy Love

Morning everyone.  Hope you are enjoying your weekend.  The countdown is on till the end of holidays.  Two days to go.  The weather has turned cooler and it feels like a lazy day.  I think it's going to be a jammie day.   It has been a great two weeks.  We managed to get alot of yard work done. 
Yesterday we went to visit my mother in law.  It's an hour and half drive.  She lives in a retirement home, so the visit is quick.  A little visit, take her out for lunch,and another visit, then the drive home.  After lunch at Kelsey's we stopped at their local Hobbie store.  They don't supply much crafting items, but I did manage to find Laurie Speltz"s Instant Images Pocket Template.  Now I know all the instructions tell you to use paints (which I have alot of) but I thought why won't my distress inks work.  Well, they do to go from light to dark when layering, but from dark to light not so good.  But for a first attempt it turned out not bad. 

I do enjoy doing the one layer cards, and working with the inks.  I'll have to blow the dust off my paints and give them a try with the template.

happy crafting

dee ;o) 

No comments: