Tuesday, August 9, 2011

If you like MESS, this is for you

Wow, what an awesome product.  I picked up some Pearl Ex for a project I'd seen. Last night I played with it stamping on cards.  You use versa mark to stamp, then take a paint brush and dip it in the powder dropping it on the image, then brush it around to stick on the image.  It doesn't show up very well in the photo, but it really shines and has a shimmer to the color.  I thought I made a mess with glitter, but I had more of this on me, the table, the chair.  Now I have to find a good sealant for it, because it rubs off. So if anyone has a favorite product, please let me know.  In the video I've seen they suggest hair spray, but that yellows over time, and I found it still rubs off.

 Last week we started house wreckovations as my dear hubby calls them.  This is the laundry room, just a little closet on the main floor.  Under the washer & dryer it was just plywood.  The nice flooring there is the hallway, that is now gone, and will be replaced with hardwood. 
New floor in the laundry room.  It's called Allure, a floating floor.  The tiles are stuck together, but it is not stuck to the floor. 
Todays job is to hang the new doors that are off the hallway, finish putting down the sub floor, paint the walls, then we can attempt the hardwood floor.

Tonight we get rid of the kids.  My dad is taking them for a sleep over, so DH & I can celebrate our 16th anniversary. 

Have a great day everyone. 

dee ;o) 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi that is a really nice card, it is really elegant, I love it. Sorry can't help with the glitter thing .. I don't use it much as it gets everywhere ha ha :)