Thursday, July 24, 2014

Happy Cake

Good afternoon everyone.  Another beautiful day out.  It's nice in the sunshine, but in the shade when the breeze blows it's got a bit of a chill to it.  Here I sit on the patio, sipping a Caesar and BBQing dinner.  I had a relaxing day off reading, since I just finished working six days in a row.  Tomorrow will be laundry and housework. 
 
The stamp I used on this card was one of my last purchases at the local craft store before they closed up.  (So sad to see them go.) I paper pieced the cake in two colors. Stamping the stamp directly on the white cardstock so I could just color the candles, which I used a metallic Sharpie on, and the flames.  The sprinkles on the cake are stickles.  I followed the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, but was too late to enter it last week. 
 
happy crafting
 
dee ;o)
 
    

No comments: