Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Little Balls All in a Row

Good afternoon all.  Here are two more cards I've cardlifted.  Giving my brain a little break.  The ornaments was from Jill Foster, and the lanterns I believe I've seen a similar one on the Penny Black blog. 

The ornaments was a challenge.  I started out with markers to color directly on the stamp.  But that didn't work.  So I stamped the image in a light brown distress ink, and used the markers to color over.  Didn't like the way it looked so I tried to color over to do some shading.  Worked on some of the colors but not so much on others.  Then I took a contrast color and working each individual ornament at a time, reinked the stamp and stamped over the ornament.  I was finally happy.

The lanterns were colored with pencil crayons.  This one was a very simple card.  Placing twine to make it look as if they are hanging. 

I must get on making my gift tags.  I've started rapping presents because I have nowhere to hide them.  But I have to remember what each one is because I have no tags to put on them. 

happy carding

dee ;o)

No comments: