Sunday, March 6, 2011

Clay Buttons

The weekend is almost over.  This is the first one in a long time that I've had a whole weekend off and not asked for it.  Yesterday was shopping day.  And I went to pick up a new camera.  I had noticed that in the flyer on Friday Staples had the Kodak Slice on for $99.98.  I really don't need a new one, but it kind of caught my eye, how it had sharing software.  But no luck our store was sold out, even the floor model, and so were two other stores.  They are still trying to track one down, but I'm not expecting it.  We'll see tomorrow.
Again my crafting space has been turned upside down.  We changed our satelite provider this week.  So my craft area had to be moved away from the TV so the guy could get near it to work.  Some day I will have a permanant space. 
I've been working on a layout, putting buttons on it.  I didn't have the size of button that I wanted to use.  So today it was onto the computer to find out how to make clay buttons.  I had bought my clay quit a few months ago, so I think it is on its way out.  It seemed really hard to work out and mold, but I did manage to make a few.  I painted them with acrylic paint  to match the layout, and varnished them.  Here is the link I followed.
Here they are in the making.

Here they are finished.  My little ones painted and ready for my layout.

happy crafting ;o)
dee 

No comments: