Saturday, January 29, 2011

Distress Inks

Good morning fellow bloggers.  Hope your all having a good weekend.  I am.  A Saturday that I was able to sleep in.  No workie till later.  And I woke to a beutiful sunny day and only -12 this morning. 

I'm going to start with my challenge card, because I have a few to show off today.  This basket of fruit is for Cup Cake Craft Challenges-#126-Food for Thought.  The yummy fruit is cut from a cuttlebug die.  I'v been holding on to this one, not quite sure what to do with it.  The basket is made from brown ribbon weaved.  The background is distress ink on a stamp block spritzed with water. 

You see techniques on-line all the time.  You may try them once, and then forget about them.  But until you spend some time doing it, you may not use it again.  Yesterday I spent some time at the Craft Nook, our local craft store.  The lovely ladies in there offer classes Thursday nights.  (I'm busy with kid things). So they will teach the class for you if you book time during the day when your available.  Well yesterday I got to play with distress inks.  Now, I use them now, but not to their full potential.  And having someone go over techniques and trying different them my make them stick in my head a little better.

Yesterday we worked on background stamping.  We started with inking up an acrylic stamp block with distress ink, and then spritzing with water.  Now stamp on watercolor paper.  We then stamped with the same blue the snowflakes.  Black ink for the sentiment, and added the cute little snowman.  When I got home I went to work stamping out several backgrounds, trying different colors.  I now have a stash to use later.  Here is a valentine that I came up with using one of the backgrounds.


After stamping the background I stamped the sentiment in black ink.  The vase is die cut with cork, and the flowers are made with 3 hearts glued together. 
I have one more card from yesterdays class to show off.  This one we used a background stamp.  We started by inking up your work mat with distress ink, then stamp your background stamp onto it picking up the colors.  You then spritz the stamp lightly with water, and stamp onto your paper.  You can then add what you want to your card.


Thanks ladies.  Looking forward to my next class.

Happy crafting ;o)
dee

1 comment:

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty card and a fab take on our food themed challenge...thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x